14 December 2014

Happy Christmas!

Hi there!

I was smiling when I read your post at Less is more, Chrissie... saying :

"Here are our cards to give you a few ideas, not that you will need many"

When you give me SNOW and ONE LAYER in one sentence, I shudder  and surely I do need inspiration!

Haven't seen too much snow in my 40 + years (hey I am from South-Africa and now I live in the desert, snow is a foreign concept to me!) and one layer... well that's  another story !



Whenever I struggle for inspiration, I find that reaching for favorites ( color combinations, elements, layout ) always help!

BTW... this is the current sketch at Case this sketch. I LOVE it... you can tell ;)

That's exactly what I did! And I quite like the outcome!


Mask/stencil cut with my Silhouette

 Thanks for visiting me today!


18 comments:

Aileen said...

You are so clever Hannelie, beautiful card.

Lee said...

Beautifully done, Hannelie.

Margaret said...

What a clever design for a one layer card - well done!

Craft-E-Place said...

Wow! Simply stunning. I was convinced this was more than one layer! Stunning card, beautifully executed.
Elaine

Kath said...

A fabulous one layer card - I love your blog and inspiration.
Kath x

Judy1223 said...

Brilliant, Hannelie! Almost doesn't look one-layer, your inking is that perfect!

Angela said...

You have come through simply beautifully, Hannelie!

Bobby said...

I first thought "that's not one layer". How genius of you to ink up the card that way. It's fabulous, Hannelie.

Cheryl W. said...

Wonderful holiday card. Love that little spot of red.

Marjorie said...

Fabulous card Hannelie!!
Hugs,
Marjorie x

Gerrina said...

Wat een gaaf idee om zo toch de sketch te gebruiken! Het lijkt op het eerste gezicht of je meer lagen gebruikt hebt; mooie techniek en heel mooie kaart! (enne ik vind die sketch ook heel mooi...) Groetjes, Gerrina

Sazzle Dazzle said...

You never cease to amaze Hannelie with your fabulous designs. I thought you'd slipped up and made a 2 layer card BUT no - just perfect. Love it
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Dee Miranda said...

Beautiful!! This is an amazing card!

sandie said...

Such a cool way to take on this challenge, very inspiring x

Anne said...

Hannelie you certainly rose to the challenge, this is an AWESOME one layer, love it!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at LIM
Anne
Less is More

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I must have been channelling you without even realising! Just created a card using a snowflake stencil (from SA, no less!) and filling it with white pigment ink on kraft! I was thinking about food though. Always food...!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Well, you certainly do not need to see snow i n order to come up with something beautifully gorgeous! FAB card and big congrats on you LIM shout-out!!!!!

Darnell said...

Congratulations for the well-deserved honor of being Showcased at LIM, Hannelie! What a great way to start the new year! Wishing you all the best!! Hugs, Darnell