08 May 2016

The Paper Players : A color challenge from Jaydee

Hi there!

Before we get to this week's challenge... happy mother's day to all the mothers out there!

It's a color challenge week at The paper players !


                                                               


Lovely soft pastel palette picked by Jaydee !


Pastel flourish and flower birthday card


I have used this flourish cutting file so many times before, but it feels new every time! For today's card, I combined it with tiny punched flowers. It's so beautiful you don't need to add much !

I saved the sentiment for you to use :)


free birthday card sentiment


I had some enquiries during the last couple of weeks regarding my sentiments and how to use it.
There is a link in my sidebar to a you tube video on how to use digital stamps.

If you're looking for more sentiments, look for the free sentiment label (1, 2 ,3 and 4 ) in my sidebar.

To start, all you have to do is click on the image, right click and save to your computer, or copy to a word document or the program of your choice.

The sentiments are intended to use as is, or down sized, but not enlarged, as you will compromise on quality of resolution.

I am playing along with the following challenges:

Cas-ual Fridays  ~ Birthday girl  (welcome back CFC... so good to see you back in action!)

Less is more  ~ Color challenge with Pastels ( Happy Birthday Anita !!!)

Seize the birthday  ~ Playing with the no topping option.

Simon says stamp-work-it-Wednesday ~ Flowers

Thanks for visiting me today!

Hannelie

31 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mothers Day to you too! Such a beatiful soft-coloured card! I just love your clean style! Thank you Hannelie!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely swirl with those fun flowers! Thanks for joining in at STB~

LeAnne said...

Very fresh and pretty, Hannelie! Your dies are just gorgeous with these colors!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet pretty card. Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog, I really appreciate it. I love seeing what you make; your style is so classy with a touch of whimsy that appeals to me. I love seeing the occasional pic of your sweet daughters on IG too, they look like they might be the same age as mine. Hope you are having a lovely Mother's Day.
Heather T

laurie said...

Fun swirl and such pretty lil blooms! cute card!

Cheryl W. said...

That certainly is a beautiful flourish, and you've made it even prettier with the little flowers.

Kim Heggins said...

What a sweet and feminine card...love it.

Anita in France said...

Soft and flowing and so pretty, Hannelie ... sweet! Hugs, Anita :)

Chrissie said...

This is an absolute sweetie Hannelie, such pretty colours!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Claire said...

Perfectly pretty Hannelie - a beautiful take on those colours. Love the green vine! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

RitaR said...

I'm such a fan of pastel colors .... you've created such a pretty card with your flourish and blossoms! Thank you, once again, for sweetly sharing your sentiments.

Brent Scheffer said...

There is a lot of good balances among the colors of the flowers and placement of flowers and stems. Great card!

Gerrina said...

Way een mooie swirl! En precies goed passend in de LIM-challenge...daar heb ik al een kaart voor gemaakt, maar wie weet combineer ik ze nog een keer; past zo goed.... Wens je een fijne week!

Esther said...

I love the clean layout and stylish shapes of this card. So impactful and looks great! Nice job!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A really charming design on your card Hannelie, the flowers look so pretty.
Thanks so much for joining us
Sharon xx
"Less is More"

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

So clean and perfect, Hannelie! Love those sugary colors.

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet as can be! Delightful card!

Unknown said...

Hello Hannelie! I'm a new subscriber to your blog and I have really been enjoying your cards!! You are so generous to make your sentiments available to us, so I feel guilty to ask this... :) but, would it be possible to give us the names of the fonts you use??? I know there are many sites with free fonts, but it is really hard to locate a specific font if you don't have the name of it. I think you have a tutorial for making sentiments like you do... I know I've seen one somewhere that I really want to try. So, having the names of the fonts would really be helpful. Thanks!!! Suzy (suzyquesq2 at gmail dot com)

Karren said...

Beautiful use of these gorgeous soft colors.

stampwithsandy said...

So lovely and delicate!

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous! What a beautiful cut vine and the sweet little flowers are just perfect. Another fabulous card, Hannelie!

Susan said...

I always love to see what you've been up to with your Silhouette...you never fail to amaze me. Love this beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Your card is absolutely stunning!! I love your clean and simple style and the sweet color combo!!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love that flowing vine to showcase your flowers! Simple elegance! Have a great week, My Friend! XX

Sid said...

A lovely card Hannelie, your choice of colours is lovely !

Colleen Begley said...

Simple and beautiful. Great way to use Jaydee's colors.

Edwina said...

Hi Hannelie, I love this birthday sentiment. The font appeals to me. I have used it as you know. Thank you for all the sentiments I have gotten from you. Edwina Brown

Neets B said...

So pretty and I love those teeny flowers. Thanks for the birthday wishes and sorry for the late visit!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late with my commenting, what a pretty card Hannelie, great use of the colours. Thank you for the sentiment.
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

OttawaMom said...

Very pretty! Love the colour scheme and the sentiment font! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a beautiful floral flourish Hannelie - such a pretty birthday card!