16 February 2017

CAS(e) this sketch #209

Hi there!

A last Valentine's day card for CAS(e) this sketch this week!


My card, a one layer take on the sketch:



For my card I used the inlaid die technique for the hearts and simply stamped my sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black across, using my Misti.

Really super quick and easy!
The hearts are from Miss Kate cuttables, cut with my Silhouette.
Sentiment from Happy Little Stampers : Everyday Sentiments. 

Adding my link to the following challenges:

Less is more ~ One layer : Opposites attract

  • Up/down
  • Big/ small
  • Fonts: Bold Cursive/ Simple smaller sans serif. (BTW... according to typography experts this is the  rule in combining fonts... opposites attract, but steer clear from conflict )
PS... I know red and pink are not really opposites, but I've grown up learning that you can never wear pink and red together 😄. Anybody else that was taught that way too? But these days I guess anything goes!

CAS-ual Fridays ~ Pink red and white

Just us girls  ~ Hearts

Happy little stampers ~ Anything goes with dies


                              



                                  


Thanks for looking!

Hugs
Hannelie

16 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Hannelie this is so simple and so gorgeous!

Esther said...

Stylish perfection! And you've squeezed in so many opposites, I'm impressed! I agree about wearing red and pink as I remember hearing the same thing too. I love the bold "happy" over the hearts. MISTIs are a fab tool, aren't they?! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Kara Lynne said...

Very CAS and sweet!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!

Susan said...

Terrific way to combine the challenges. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous!

Cheryl W. said...

Cool card! I love the inlaid die-cut technique. I was taught that you couldn't wear pink and red together, too, but now I love that combination!

nancy littrell said...

I Love all your opposites attract elements in your pretty clean and crisp CAS hearts design, Hannelie. No one wore red and pink together when I grew up either! Now I love that combination for many designs. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Jen Nelson said...

hannelie this is stunning and i love your choice of opposites

thanks for joining us at less is more this week

jen

Gerrina said...

Weer zo'n mooi sterk en grafisch design! En heerlijk die frisse kleuren! Fijn weekend!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Crisp, CAS, elegant and so so sophisticated Hannelie. I love your take on the opposites challenge and you always produce such inspirational and eye-popping cards. Just perfect. You could enter it over at Anything Goes with HLS stamps too as it looks like you've used some of their goodies here! Have a good day and thanks for playing with us at Less is More. Sarah

Petra Swart said...

Rooi en pienk ...verseker het die twee nie bymekaar gehoort nie, ne!!!!! LOL!!!! So het die oumense geglo (definitief my ma inkluis!!!) Gelukkig kan mens dit wonderlik saam laat werk soos jy hier gedoen het op jou lieflike kaartjie!!!! O, dis so mooi, vrou!!!! Wat ek die meeste van hou is die oulike swart kolletjies wat jy bygesit het!!! Wanneer ek hier kom kuier weet ek, ek is in vir 'n fees van lieflikheid!!! Vandag het ek jou nie gelos vir poeding nie - ek het natuurlik hierdie skepping by CTS gesien en was haastig om te kom vertel hoe baie ek daarvan hou!!!! Pragtig en baie oorspronklik gedoen!!!
Groete

Neets B said...

Yet another gorgeous creation, Hannelie. Love the opposites you've used here, the different directions of the hearts looks fantastic. I never used to put pink and red together but loving it whenever I see it now.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Bobby said...

You're a fountain of knowledge, Hannelie. The list of opposites and the clue about fonts is great. The 'do not wear pink with red' brought back memories but now I do it anyway. ;) Your pink and red, many different opposites card is a pure CAS one-layer beauty.

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Such a lovely layout for a love card! Thank you for joining us at HLS Anything Goes With A Die.

Emma - DT Member

Helen Gullett said...

What a sweet and adorable CAS card, Hannelie. LOVE those hearts
Thank You for playing along with HLS February Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!