08 February 2017

With love x 2 !

Hi there

I combined two challenges to make a card... and when I finished the first one, I was curious to see how it will look in different colors... and that's why I once again have 2 same but different cards to show you today!

The 2 challenges I am referring to are:

Less is more : Color challenge ~ use 3 adjacent colors on the color wheel.

300 weeks of inspiration : Kara's challenge to case any of the cards she pinned to her Friday Inspiration File on Pinterest.

Before I share my cards...

I want to thank Kara for sourcing all this wonderful cards every week for our inspiration! Also a BIG thank you for the honor of being included in your inspiration file a couple of times!

&

Congratulations to LIM on the big occasion of celebrating their 6th birthday! Another source of constant inspiration, and a challenge I do my best to join every week :)

On to my card(s) :

First the pink/fuschia/purple version:




... and the yellow/orange/red version:




The flower is a Hero Arts design from the Silhouette online store : Design ID #24463

I used it as a digital stamp  : Black fill option, print/cut. and then colored it with my Promarkers in the colors mentioned above.
The gold and silver strips are washi tape, and the flower centers good old fashioned (messy) glitter!

So... the card I used as my inspiration, is by Yoonsun Hur from week #297.

I fell in love with that card the moment I saw it and was waiting for the opportunity to put my own spin on it!

I decided to focus on one single graphic flower, using 3 different colors for each flower.


                                                     


Thanks for looking!

Hugs
Hannelie

14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous in any color!!!
:)

Kara said...

so cool!!

Suze said...

They are both gorgeous Hannelie. But with two of my favourite colours (orange and yellow) in the second one I'm definitely drawn to that one. Love how you had some fun with some real glitter!

Nora Noll said...

Totally fabulous!!! LOVE both of these cards!!

Cheryl W. said...

Your bold flowers really command attention. Both these cards have a wonderfully simple design that lets us focus on those brilliant colors. Love them both!

nancy littrell said...

Your flowers are so pretty Hannelie. Love your CAS design too. TFS ..Hugs..

Esther said...

Both are totally stunning Hannelie! I love the vibrant pop of colours against the white background, and the glitter strips at the edge set off the design to perfection. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

HJ said...

I love both of these beautiful cards, Hannilie. The bright colors and the strip of glimmer paper down the side make them so pretty.

Tiya-B said...

your card designs and sentiments are always wonderful... love the bold flowers and sparkle ribbon for both cards.

Geri said...

"Love" the vibrant colors, sparkle & shine and your awesome design! It's amazing how changing the color combo totally changes the 'feel' of the card!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

You were on a roll this week Hannelie with these two terrific makes. Loving the graphic nature of that flower image and you've really showcased it with the two colourways. Very envious of your washi! It's gorgeous, opulent and so full of 'bling'. Incredible layout too. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Anonymous said...

Hannelie, both the versions are just gorgeous! I love the simple and bold look of your cards! And the glitter strips are just fab! :)
xx Ashwini

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Completely fabulous as ever Hannelie, such eye for detail yet totally CAS designs too. I love both colour ways and simply can't pic a favourite. Gorgeous fun and sparkle to both and thanks for playing along in our 6th Birthday challenge at Less is More this week. Sarah

Petra Swart said...

Joe, is daai goue en silwer strepe sowaar washi, vrou - baie oulik en gerieflik, ne!!!! Ek is mal oor albei jou weergawes van die inspirasie kaartjie, en my gunsteling is die perse!!!!! Die blom is regtig mooi en ek hou van die manier wat jy dit ingekleur het met die verskillende kleure!!! Twee lieflike kaartjies!!!!
Groete